Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Sparrow Surprise

I often comment to my husband, jokingly, that I'm bored with the birds at our feeders. My dream visitor would be a cardinal, but I would welcome any birds that have yet to stop by. The last few days there has been a new sparrow. I finally managed to get some decent pictures today which allowed me to better identify it from the web.

Check out this little cutie.



I'm pretty sure this is a White-Throated Sparrow. It is definitely one of the pretties sparrows I've seen. I love the mix of grey, white, yellow, brown, and black. Here is a wonderful site describing them.

I love to watch the sparrows stir up seed. They dance and jump around. One sparrow actually looked like it was having a seizure today with its unique dance.

I look forward to more new visitors this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment